Ephesians 2:10 states: “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” This statement has given me an entirely new perspective on work. I’m enjoying the fruit of this workshop; I pray you will too!
Why This Workshop?
The material is based on God’s call for us to work. The authors have lots of innovative suggestions for identifying what you do best, finding where those skills are needed, then selling yourself! If you can’t find a job, they even teach you how to create that ideal job.
Kelly as helped many people in their job search using these same principles. She’s proud to share that those she helps with resumes get interviews, and often land jobs. If you have difficulty selling yourself, Kelly will show you how to present your story in ways you never imagined!
Is This for You?
- Have you been invited to retire earlier than you expected?
- Have you been encouraged to seek a job that better suits you?
- Has your company recently been sold or merged and you can see the writing on the wall?
- Are you finding that your job doesn’t bring out the best in you and you’re ready to explore options?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Facing a Career Crossroad workshop will help you evaluate your gifts, compare them with the opportunities, and give you skills to make the best job if you can’t find one that already exists!
What is the Career Crossroads Workshop?
The Crossroads Career workbook is a faith-based career development and job search guide with exercises and devotionals. This material is titled after Jeremiah 6:16 – “Stand at the Crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls…” There are seven steps to jobs, careers and God’s Calling; we’ll walk through seven steps these over our weeks together:
- Upward: Follow God’s Calling
- Attitude: Reach Forward
- Aptitude: Discover Your Best
- Altitude: Target Opportunities
- Search: Seek to Serve
- Sort: Wow Interviews
- Select: Walk in Good Works
What to Expect
Throughout this workshop, you will:
- Receive regular feedback to make sure you’re getting the most from the materials.
- Learn from the successes and failures of others facing similar career changes and challenges.
- Ask questions, brainstorm ideas, and get practical suggestions.
- Celebrate successes, receive encouragement, and build momentum.
Where/How We Work
In order to make this workshop available to all, it’s offered virtually. This means you can participate in the comfort of your own home without having to go out after dinner. We meet once a week via video conference.
Between sessions, you work on the devotional and tactical assignments given in the material. Sessions start with a review of the assignments given the prior week, live coaching on hidden mindsets and overcoming obstacles. Participants learn from challenges faced by others, and receive support and encouragement from others on the same journey.
We also ask participants to share prayer requests and pray for each other for the duration of the workshop.
You’ll need a web camera and
phone/audio (with headset) connection
to participate .
How Much: $100 includes the Crossroads Career Workbook and a Gallup/Clifton Strengths Finder Assessment.
When: The next workshop runs every Thursday, February 8th, 6:30 – 8:30 PM through March 29th
Next Steps: Register (Below) by Monday, February 5th. After registering, you’ll receive information to prepare for the workshop:
- Create a Profile and take the Clifton Strengths Finder Assessment.
- Receive the workbook and read Step 1 prior to first session.
- Complete and submit a Client Profile and sign and return a Group Coaching Workshop Agreement.
- Schedule a preliminary session with Kelly to test technology (here are some Zoom tips) and allow me to get to know you a bit in advance of our launch.