My purpose in life is to help people feel successful and fulfilled by discovering the purpose of their work and fine tuning how they do it. I invest in supervisors because their sphere of influence is broad; they have the opportunity to help so many find dignity and joy through work.
I believe God has uniquely prepared me with education, experience, and a litany of resources to share with others. My career has spanned many types of work:
- engineering and product design
- manufacturing of hard goods
- business and administrative processes
- continuous improvement facilitation
- training and project management
- strategic planning with executive teams and boards of directors
- for profit and non-profit groups
- coaching individuals
Education, Certifications, and Memberships
- Member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Pursuing ICF Coach Certification, my Calendar includes the courses I’m taking
- Certified Facilitator Path4 / Path6 / LQ360 Assessments, RightPath Resources
- Master of Science Computer Science, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
- Bachelor of Science Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
I’ve also created a list of the books I’m reading, have read, and plan to read.
A few years ago, my husband Bill and I were introduced to a matrix that challenged us to distribute our giving locally, nationally, and internationally. Here are three of our favorites; organizations we give our time, talents, and treasures to (headings are links):
We met Elmer & Joann 20 years ago when they’d returned from war-torn Sierre Leone. They stayed for a while, but their hearts told them they belonged in Africa. So much so, they stayed in Africa through the entire Ebola crisis. They now build sustainable wells throughout the regions near their home. The page linked above includes a video describing the well project.
Colorado Uplift has over 30 years of success with their ministry to inner-city kids in Denver. Elevate USA was created to replicate this model around the United States. Their mission is: Transforming cities by building long-term life-changing relationships with urban youth. They accomplish this by teaching 13 character and leadership values through the public school system.
MPS exists to Build families and impact lives for generations to come! This team of loving advocates and nursing professionals seek to help men and women make informed decisions about unplanned pregnancies. They’re now adding services to help at-risk clients be better prepared to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
How do you decide who and where to send your gifts? Contact me; I’m very interested to me know.